Monday, August 25, 2008

What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas?

I just got home from Vegas. Did I mention that I took my 22 year old daughter, Sydnee with me. We had timeshare points that we would lose if we didn't use them, so off we went.

We stayed five nights. We were really busy. We went to see what tickets we could get for shows, then we went to New York New York to ride the roller coaster. Sydnee doesn't like roller coasters, but since I was funding this trip she went along. She didn't really like it. Later we went to Stomp Out Loud. It was fabulous. We both enjoyed the music made only with percussion, and the humor without words.

The next day we went to the Hoover Dam in the morning, took a Stripper 101 class in the afternoon and went to La Cage in the evening. The Hoover Dam was impressive.

The Stripper class was really fun. I was surprised that we were the only mother/daughter group there. And just so you know, I don't want a pole. I get too dizzy spinning around. Luckily we learned a few other things. ;) Both Sydnee and I were disappointed in La Cage. Some of the humor was a little mean spirited for my taste.

Friday we walked about a mile to and around the Mandalay Bay resort and casino, then took the bus to the Outlet Mall. We went shopping and found some good deals. After shopping we took the bus to Margaritaville.

It was good. Pomagranite margarita may be my new favorite. We walked back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the evening. We took a free tour from the hotel to the downtown district. The Fremont area was okay. The light show was neat, but the casinos were really smokey. I guess we are spoiled here with no smoking in public places.

Saturday we went to the Red Rock Canyon and the Spring Mountain Ranch. It is a beautiful place and if it hadn't been 100 degrees, it would have been good to hike. Sydnee spent some time by the pool before we went to see Ka, a Cirque du Soleil production. It had martial arts in it and an amazing stage. Hard to explain, but fun to watch.

Sunday we walked. We stopped at the Flamingo, Venetian, Palazzo, Mirage, and Cesear's Palace. We then walked down to the Monte Carlo and ate at the Diablo Cantina. It was a good thing we had coupons for free margaritas. They were kind of small and okay and cost $9 each. Sydnee spent more time by the pool before we went to the Excalibar to the Tournament of Kings and dinner. We then went back to the hotel and packed and went to bed early so we could get up at 4:30 am (otherwise known as O'dark thirty) to catch a shuttle at 5. We ended up getting on an earlier flight that got us home almost 4 hours ahead of schedule.

Now I need to unpack, do laundry, clean some of the house and tomorrow I will go get the dogs.


Journey to a Centum said...

Sounds like you crammed 10 days of events into a 5 day trip!

Welcome back!

Backofpack said...

Wow, you got a lot done! Sounds like you two had a great time, and were constantly on the move. See you soon!

Steve S said...

I wish I could've gone, but it was good mother/daughter time.

Love ya