Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Breathe

The thing that matters is not what you bear, but how you bear it.
SENECA


The oven worked fine for Thanksgiving. Hallelujah, it cooked the 18.25# turkey in no time flat. I may use the convection feature more often. But today when I turned it on, the fan started to make a rattling noise. I'm just not going to use it for a little over a week and then I will get it checked. I don't have time right now.

Plumber Steve is working on the bathroom sink. Robin pointed out this weekend that it wasn't working. Hmmm. Steve has taken it apart and accidentally broke part, so after he turned off the main water valve and cleaned up all the water, he took it apart again and we went to get the part that was broken. He has been working on getting it not to leak for a while, but plastic parts are kind of a pain. We'll see how that goes.

I had to put the newsletter for our church together last week. Our pastor was really sick, but I didn't know that so I just used what info I had and shortened it from eight pages to six. Good enough. The printer at the church didn't have any cartridges, so I couldn't print it on Sunday. Plan foiled. I checked the price to have it printed at Kinko's and it was going to be over $70. Next plan foiled. It wasn't going to happen. Then Pastor Abby needed to add something that had to be in the newsletter and since I hadn't printed it yet, we got it in. She also got the cartridge so I walked her through merging the newsletter with the data base. I guess I really learned how to use this function in Publisher well enough to walk her through it. I was going to be irritated that it didn't work out the way I had planned, but I learned something and that is a good thing.

Dinner is cooking and the wine is breathing. All is good.


Be Free,
Lorri

3 comments:

Backofpack said...

Wow, you are really broadening my horizons...vacations without races, wine on a weeknight. I thought wine was for weekends and vacations only! (I need to know, did you have to add sweetner?)

Tonight is my first little Pilates class at the college. It'll be interesting!

wendy said...

ugh, plumbing is the worst!

dinner sounds yummy - you're going to have to start posting recipes here pretty soon.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to Sedona, AZ.

Love ya